The Walk – The Highlight of the Initiative
The highlight of the initiative is a 1,500km walk campaign – the first ever in Kenya – from Kwale to Marsabit County from the 15th of March 2017 and will end on 15th of June 2017. A team from Ripples and its partners will endure the grueling journey for this very worthy cause.
The walk will be bolstered by a social media and mainstream media drive as well as well direct mobilization of Kenyans along the route and beyond. We target to reach 1.5 million people directly along the route and 15 million through the media and social media.
If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.
You can support the initiative in the following ways:
1. ‘Walk in Kind’
You can ‘walk in kind’ by buying one step for Ksh. 500 or $5.
Supporters can buy as many steps as possible.
1 step = 1/2km.
2. In Kind Support
You can sponsor materials and items that the ‘walkers’ will use such as tents, food and refreshments, shoes, energy drinks, among others.
3. Social Media Support
You can bolster the campaign in your social media platforms under the hashtag #ZeroViolence254
- Go to MPESA Menu, select Paybill
- Write 222 008
- Under Account Name, write Zero Violence
- Insert your amount (1/2 step is Ksh 500/- or $5)
- Enter your password
- Write all cheques to RIPPLES INTERNATIONAL
- Go to Paypal.
- Log in to your account at PayPal.com and select the Send Money tab.
- Enter the recipient’s email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone number, the amount, and transaction type.
- Click Change to select PayPal Credit as your payment method if it’s not already set.
- Confirm your payment details, and you’re done.
We have envisioned the walk campaign as a series of committed steps (walking) covering the
enduring journey of 1,500 km.
Corporate organisations can support by buying the following steps:
Ziara And Songa Pack
Tembea And Hatua Pack